Einstein dies and goes to heaven. At the Pearly Gates, Saint Peter tells him :
– You look like Einstein, but you have NO idea what some people will do to sneak into Heaven. Can you prove who you really are ?
Einstein ponders for a few seconds and asks :
– Could I have a blackboard and some chalk ?
Saint Peter snaps his fingers and a blackboard and chalk instantly appear.
Einstein proceeds to describe with arcane mathematics and symbols his theory of relativity.
Saint Peter is suitably impressed.
-You really ARE Einstein ! he says. Welcome to heaven !
The next to arrive is Picasso. Once again, Saint Peter asks for credentials. Picasso asks :
– Mind if I use that blackboard and chalk ?
Saint Peter says :
– Go ahead.
Picasso erases Einstein’s equations and sketches a truly stunning mural with just a few strokes of chalk.
Saint Peter claps.
– Surely you are the great artist you claim to be ! he says. Come on in !
Then Saint Peter looks up and sees George W. Bush. Saint Peter scratches his head and says :
– Einstein and Picasso both managed to prove their identity. How can you prove yours ?
George W. looks bewildered and says :
– Who are Einstein and Picasso ?
Saint Peter sighs and says
– Come on in, George.
Thanks to Marie-Thérèse.