Lovely bones

Just finished reading Lovely Bones. At one sitting. Heartbreaking, unusual. Unputdownable.

And in other news. I’ve tweaked the colour scheme a little. Let me know if it’s unreadable in any browsers. But not today. Today I just want to crawl into a corner and bawl my eyes out.

Normal service will be resumed tomorrow.

8 Responses to “Lovely bones”

1. graeme
    September 28th, 2003 21:56

The banner is a bit wrong in Opera but nothing too bad. Still very readable!

2. Gert
    September 29th, 2003 07:55

Oh dear – nothing serious, I hope.

September 29th, 2003 09:47

Thanks guys. We watched the tape of John Pilger’s Breaking the Silence. Then went to the website. Wanted to post. Deleted everything. Posted a joke instead.

I just don’t have the words to explain the rage I feel at Bush and those who control him. And I thought better of Tony Blair. Even his halo is beginning to slip a little in my eyes. The best I can come up with is that at least it’s not Thatcher in power.

4. Lorraine
    September 29th, 2003 14:42

Such a coincidence- I just started reading The Lovely Bones this afternoon. Hope I’ll be able to put it down long enough for dinner :-)

September 29th, 2003 16:08

Or we could start the new “Reading Diet” – supply a constant list of books that are so good they make you forget to eat…

6. Pewari
    September 29th, 2003 16:23

I really want to read that book, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to. I find it hard enough to read news stories about children these days!

September 29th, 2003 17:04

I know what you mean but (without giving any of the plot away), I don’t think it’s like reading news stories. I would gladly offer to post it to you but I’m afraid it’s already gone to my mother this morning!

8. richard
    September 29th, 2003 21:11

That is a very good book. And, even though it’s about what it’s about, it is not difficult to read at all. It is very moving.