Mmm sausages

links.jpg

You know how awkward it is to turn sausages on the grill? Those pesky little blighters just roll away and won’t come back until you have a stern word and shake the fork at them?

Well I’ve just ordered some Square Sausage from Abe Froeman, Sausage King of Chicago, your No. 1 supplier of gourmet sausages from around the globe. It’s strange to think that these sausages will be going from Scotland, England all the way to Chicago and back again to England.

squerr.jpg

Many thanks to Falling Sky for the recommendation.

7 Responses to “Mmm sausages”

1. graeme
    December 31st, 2003 00:20

Snooty Maitre D’: You’re Abe Froman? The sausage king of Chicago?

Ferris: Yep. That’s me.

2. Fluffy
    December 31st, 2003 00:52

eeeeeuwwww thats just not right!

3. razorhead
    December 31st, 2003 08:19

Does that website really say, “All the way from Scotland, England.”??

4. graeme
    December 31st, 2003 09:10

I was trying really hard to find the sound clip – the best I’ve managed is this (it’s got all the dialog but the sound clip seems to be broken).

December 31st, 2003 09:37

Ah, pieces of the jigsaw are falling into place. I’ve never seen Ferris Bueller so thanks for that G.

And it really does say Scotland, England. Impertinent colonials eh? ;-))

6. graeme
    December 31st, 2003 10:50

Never seen Ferris Beuller???? It’s, like, the best film EVER.

7. Amber
    December 31st, 2003 11:19

Do you know what is in those things!!! Don’t get me wrong, they taste great esp on a buttered roll, but in all my 17 years in Scotland, I couldn’t get anyone to tell me what they actually put in them!!! offely scary *moo* stuff *quack* in them thar *oink* square sausages!!! *squeak~growl~baa~meow~cluck*!!!

oh, and BTW my husband has kindly given us the true meaning and correct spelling of “hoochter-teuchter” in my comments ;)

…i’m no verrry sco’ish atall really, ‘am no!