Just links

The sickly smell of hempseed boiling is wafting up the stairs so I’ll keep this short before dashing out into the garden for some fresh air.

Some overdue links:

Museum of menstruation
Andy Foulds (tip: click on everything )
Leonard Nimoy Should Eat More Salsa Foundation
[via the excellent Tracy Berna‘s link page]

Throw to Johnno (at last a game for rugby fans)
The freakin brothers (freakin’ funny)
You touch my tralala (NOT work safe)

Blogger gets a fabulous new makeover. Comments are now included. But read Lyle and Diamond Geezer first.

Talking of makeovers, did anyone see Queer Eye for a Straight Guy, the UK version? Same format but cheekier would be my verdict. Definitely more swearing and more obvious innuendo, I doubt that it will be shown unedited in the States. And it seems that this was the second attempt:

NBC, Scout Productions, and the network behind the UK spin-off of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy “halted production saying the show needed to be more like the American version,” the Guardian reports. Production company Making Time lost about £500,000 of Living TV’s money working on the two rejected episodes; now, Via Digital will pick up production. The show will now debut in April, not January. The channel said they “wanted to try to get a balance between the American format and the British attitude. It is quite a challenging cultural translation.”

Symptoms of PMT/PMS:

• headache
  • feeling bloated
  • weight gain
  • breast tenderness
  • back or lower abdominal pain
  • irritability or aggression
  • depression and anxiety
  • mood swings
  • tiredness
  • poor concentration
  • frequent unexplained bouts of crying

Symptoms of depression:

• Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
  • Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
  • Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
  • Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
  • Decreased energy, fatigue, being “slowed down”
  • Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
  • Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
  • Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
  • Thoughts of death or suicide; suicide attempts
  • Restlessness, irritability
  • Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain
  • frequent unexplained bouts of crying

Things I’ve been thinking about while unable to blog

1. Even in the interests of fair and balanced reporting, trying to find good things to write about George Bush and his cohorts is not easy fecking impossible.
  2. The human race sucks. Big time.
  3. Being a very private person has always been a very comfortable state to be in. Except when you need to actually talk about things, you’re out of practice.
  4. Should generosity have limits? Does there come a time when you have to say “no”?
  5. Grief is not limited to mourning a loved one’s death.
  6. I don’t think PMS is meant to last for five long months.

10 Responses to “Just links”

1. briggy
    May 10th, 2004 19:29

oo.

… but would you use that piano after they had?

2. richard
    May 10th, 2004 20:47

Regarding 2 – what? All of us?

May 10th, 2004 22:06

I’m sure their knees can’t be all that dirty, can they Briggy?

No, not everyone Richard. Now I’m feeling all small and ashamed of myself. Amazing what a long dog walk in the warm sunshine can do. She says, dismissively, pretending nothing’s been said and cursing herself for not deleting it immediately.

4. e
    May 11th, 2004 04:20

Try natural progesterone cream, available in health food shops. Honestly. You’ve nothing to lose. (((Virtual hugs)))

5. steve
    May 11th, 2004 07:25

Museum of menstruation! Im gonna blow chunks, urghhhh

6. billy
    May 11th, 2004 13:15

..regarding point one…I am finding it harder and harder to think of anything constructive to say about *any* politician…last night on “dead ringers” they were already making jokes about the “torturism” (sic) and it is at this point that I realised that it is because no-one cares any more, it’s a whole fantasy world to these people and it appears that the rest ot the world (sucking or non-sucking) have just about given up the ghost as well..
    …or maybe I’m just on a downer at the moment, maybe I’m suffering from not having pms :^)…

7. briggy
    May 11th, 2004 16:40

*agrees with billy*

nothing wrong with blowing off a little steam now and again daisy.

go for it gel!

May 11th, 2004 17:41

Thanks guys.

9. Katherine
    May 11th, 2004 19:44

Aw, PMT/S sucks. My PMT got better when I started to live on my own, and not with 2 men! Lush used to do a bath bubble slice that was supposed to help PMT, not sure how much it worked but it was nice to have a very bubbly and smelly bath.

PMS isn’t meant to last for 5 months and genorosity does indeed have limits, I no longer talk to a girl who sucked the life out of mine, and that was being generous with emotional support, not material goods.

Hope you feel better soon and if you think you are depressed go and see a doctor. :-)

10. Becky
    May 13th, 2004 02:32

Thanks for the great links. You have a fun (and beautiful) site. I just spent lots of quality time with Andy Foulds.

Seriously–if it lasts for 5 months, it ain’t PMS. It’s hard to do, but check with a doc. You shouldn’t have to feel that way!