Because we’ve always got tomatoes in the fridge (I’m a tomato junkie) and usually have 1 or more packets of cooked prawns in the freezer (our local branch of Sainsbury often does 1/2 price specials), I’d go so far as to say this is a store cupboard standby recipe. Anyway, I cooked this last night, it took less than 15 minutes from start to finish and I’ll definitely be doing it again. Deeelishus.
Ingredients [serves 4]
- 400g (14oz) long pasta (I used linguini)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 250g tubs cherry tomatoes, halves [I’d use any tomatoes in the fridge]
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 300g (11oz) cooked prawns
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Heat a pan of boiling water and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and cook the tomatoes and garlic for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Add prawns and season with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and chilli flakes the cook for 3-5 minutes until prawns are heated through.
- Drain pasta and return to pan. Stir in sauce, serve immediately with hot crusty bread.
[Source: Prima magazine]