Sunday snippets

This started out as Saturday snippets but I’ve had this post open for so long it’s past midnight. Ahem.

Anyway, the first one’s for Leah – according to the BBC:

George Clooney listens to The Archers online, according to model Lisa Snowden who says she introduced him to it.

Next up is a great site to sample new music at 3hive [via Wendy]. I’m liking Ray Barbee at the minute. And Juana Molina. Huwge, I think you’ll love this site too.

Next up, some great fonts at free typewriter fonts

Now I don’t normally get too excited about tv adverts for cars (Zzzzz) but the new Vauxhall campaign in the UK has some crackers. If you go here and look to the bottom right of the screen, click on “Watch the tv ad”. Excellent stuff.

┬┐Quiere usted aprender el espa├▒ol? If you live or work in London you might like to visit the new Spanish English Speakers Exchange in London. Not much content yet, but one to watch.

And lastly, some newly discovered blogs:

I love the smell of coffee in the morning – a Swiss German blogger now living in Tay Ho, Vietnam.
Say what? Jarle Petterson from Oslo.
“Humorous observations about infertility, sobriety, being fat and more” at and I wasted all that birth control…

That’s all folks, I’m off to the land of nod.

10 Responses to “Sunday snippets”

1. flaming zinc
    August 22nd, 2004 03:03

So George has been outed – eh! Well, an open invite to the boys of Ocean’s Twelve…if they ever find themselves in the tri-state and need somewhere to catch up on the events in Ambridge they know where to come :)

Sleep tight, Daisy and don’t let the bed bugs bite (bizarly I got bitten by a ladybird this week – one for the Guiness Book I reckon).

2. hanoiblogger
    August 22nd, 2004 09:02

I hope you had a peaceful night then. The local adult male domestic fowls here woke up at 5am and so did I.
    Which is probably why I struggle to find words to describe how amazed I am to see all these wonderfully written and designed blogs like yours. By the way, I am actually a cleverly disguised Norwegian living in Tay Ho (Granted, I also have a Swiss passport. How did you guess this? the book references in my profile? I just edited the link, poiting it to http://www.foreignsubstance.com/people/hanoiblogger, where I plan to contribute, one day, when I’ll manage to get some sleep.)

3. scarlettholly
    August 23rd, 2004 21:18

I can’t believe you like that Vauxhall ad!!!! NOOOOOO! Worst thing on tv. apart from the esure ads maybe. Gosh, I’m disapppointed.

4. scarlettholly
    August 23rd, 2004 21:19

5. scarlettholly
    August 23rd, 2004 21:19

6. briggy
    August 25th, 2004 13:04

3hive site looks groovy as we used to say in the music bus daisy.

and i’m liking juana.

of course she’s a celt you know ;-)

7. Huwge
    August 30th, 2004 12:16

Thanks for the tip Daisy, when I have a bit more time will have a better gander

8. Em
    August 31st, 2004 21:49

I can’t believe you like those irritating kids either, Dais’. When I heard today that an ad had been banned because it promoted gun use, I’d assumes people had been threatening the little squirts …

9. journalesque
    August 23rd, 2004 13:44

Typ-‘cal!

Usually I hate advertisements, but, on the rare occasions that I actually watch TV these days (is it just me or is everything rubbish right now?) I’ve found myself actually looking forward to one particular Vauxhall ad – I was

10. journalesque