Scoop?

Remember the Sorry Everybody project? Well um, is that Paul McCartney?

Update 1: Here’s the picture (is he sucking a lemon?). It seems to be in the last three pictures to have been addded so now I’m wondering if he submitted it anonymously because I can’t see any publicity anywhere. Ah well. Another of life’s great mysteries.

Mccartneysorry

Then again, I could go get me a life.

Life

Update 2: Lynn points out that there is a similar picture by Bill Bernstein on the BBC website where McCartney is holding a sorry note apologising to his fans for cancelling a concert. So someone might have been pulling a fast one. Or maybe the former Beatle submitted the picture himself. Stranger things have happened. If I hear any more I’ll let you know. And of course if you guys hear anything…

Update 3: Just had an email from James at sorryeverybody.com, they’re taking the picture down just in case. So now, does anybody know of a way to contact Paul McCartney’s PR people so that James and team can ask for it to be left up?

14 Responses to “Scoop?”

1. anni
    November 26th, 2004 17:10

Yep!

2. Em
    November 26th, 2004 19:48

Yep.

November 26th, 2004 20:01

In that case remember, “You heard it here first” :-0))

4. Lynne
    November 26th, 2004 20:13

It sure is, apologizing to his fans in Sheffield for missing the concert I believe. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/3983085.stm

November 26th, 2004 20:35

Woah, you have eagle eyes Lynn! I’ve just emailed the site owners just in case. Many thanks for pointing it out.

6. Lynne
    November 26th, 2004 21:13

The photos aren’t exact, and I have to wonder why the one you posted is actually a better quality then the one posted on the bbc.

November 26th, 2004 21:19

The one I posted is from sorry everybody – it seems to me that the picture he’s holding is the same but he’s outside the bus and of course it’s in colour rather than black and white. Maybe the b&w shots on the BBC site were optimized for download and therefore a lower resolution? If indeed they are by the same photographer. The sorryeverybody shot could have been taken by a fan. Or by Heather…

8. Lynne
    November 26th, 2004 21:29

Oh Lord, brain fart, it didn’t even register the one on the bbc site was black & white.

November 26th, 2004 21:31

Brain fart? Ha ha ha. Let’s blame it on the turkey ;-)

10. Lynne
    November 26th, 2004 23:45

Heh, you know, before I typed brain fart, I typed “must have had to much turkey yesterday” :D

November 27th, 2004 01:14

Ah, great minds think alike Lynne :D

12. briggy
    November 27th, 2004 10:47

how long before someone does a bush or blair photo fit?

November 27th, 2004 11:39

Now there’s an idea briggy!

14. Ian
    July 5th, 2005 05:37

Hi,

If anyone has an email for Paul, can you please provide it to me.

Please email me at h_u_n_t_e_r____@hotmail.com
    (that’s 4 underscores at the end)

I want to beg him, plead with him to come and plya live ofr us here in Halifax Nova Scotia.

Please Paul.