How about listing the top ten films you’ve never seen and have no intention of seeing?
- Star Wars. I know, I’m a freak.
- James Bond movies. Ditto.
- LOTR. I’ve tried, really. It’s on often enough in this house but the sofa is so comfortable for taking a quick little nap… I did enjoy the dvd documentary about Andy Serkis playing Gollum though.
- Ringu. I saw the US remake a while back and it left me a little disturbed so when I read that the JP orignal was on the other week I switched on. Oh dear. Stuff of nightmares.
- Pirates of the Caribbean. I just don’t get it.
- Mr Deeds. I’ve seen the reviews.
- Any Charlie Chaplin movie.
- The Godfather.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey. One day someone will find a long lost letter of Stanley Kubrik’s and the words “emperor” and “new clothes” will feature prominently.
- NEW: Forrest Gump. One of the worst films I’ve ever seen.
- NEW: About Schmidt.
No longer in the list:
- The Exorcist. Hmm. This was released in the UK when I was about 12/13 and we were strictly forbidden from seeing it. Ever. Stories ran like wildfire around the school that so and so’s sister’s best friend’s neighbour’s son had seen the film, gone straight to the top of the multi-story car park in Cardiff and thrown himself off. (Don’t underestimate the power of the Catholic taffia in a small Welsh town.) I saw a clip of this at the weekend and wondered if I’d be able to see it now that I’m a woman of more mature years. Allegedly. Update: Martyn has seen it, laughed out loud and confirmed that I should definitely not watch it. Ever.
Update 2: Dragon has changed my mind, I might watch it one day.
So it’s over to you – a list of films you’ve never seen/never want to see/never likely to see please!