Blogging for Aid #22 [Gmail invites]

Animation of cat reaching up with both paws to remove the

If anyone needs a Gmail account, I have half a dozen to give away in exchange for a donation to the charity of your choice.

Don’t need another email address? That’s what I said. But a spare 1 gigabyte chunk of storage is terribly useful for transferring files around!

8 Responses to “Blogging for Aid #22 [Gmail invites]”

1. Mary
    December 29th, 2004 14:49

Just linked you encouraging folks to get over here – maybe someone in that crew will want the gmail. Keep it up, you’re a totem to us.

2. Em
    December 29th, 2004 23:22

I actually had an invite and set up a gmail account … then forgot what the user id and password were.

What a divvy.

I’ll be sorting out some cash for IFRC anyway. How much extra do you want me to add on for the G, Dais’?

3. Em
    December 29th, 2004 23:23

I’d just like to add that I don’t think you’re a big carved lump of wood BTW :-)

December 29th, 2004 23:43

*blinks for a second* Oh totem!

You’re a star EmĀ², a gmail account will be winging it’s way to you momentarily. Any donation you make is good enough for me cariad :-0))

5. Em
    December 30th, 2004 00:08

Diolch, bach.

I’ll resist the urge to reply in a saucy manner (in spite of the provocation – “Any donation you make is good enough for me”? Shame on you*).

As well as personal donations, a group of us at the Evil Overlord’s have started a campaign to get our Staff Charity of the Year for 2005 changed PDQ (luckily the winner hadn’t been announced). I’d suggested anyone whose employer has a similar scheme starts lobbying like crazy too as the employers will often match any donations made by their underpaid lackeys.

* What? It’s just my filthy mind. Oh. Sorry.

6. Flip
    December 30th, 2004 19:19

Nice idea Daisy…I got 6 as well maybe we should link up :)

7. Criticise.me
    December 30th, 2004 00:33

GMailAid

Thanks to the lovely Daisy I’ve now got a GMail account and have four invites to offer to you in exchange for a donation to one of the charities dealing with the S E Asian disaster (I’m donating to IFRC but you can pick any of the charities listed he…

8. musings
    January 1st, 2005 00:16

Gmail invites for helping disaster relief

I’ve been puttering around this week and wondering how I could possibly help the huge disaster left by the tsunamis in southeastern Asia. I came down with a cold a few days ago…and I was thinking, I have more than…