alternatively titled: “Nag, nag, nag, that man’s got more bunny than Safeways”.
Here is… *roll on drums* Emrys‘ recipe for Lentil Lasagne:
Lentil Lasagne (makes 2 large portions)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
3oz green lentils
1 tbsp chopped parsley
sheets of lasagne (duh!)
1 small onion, chopped
1 small carrot, diced
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/4pt vegetable stock
8oz grated cheese
- Boil the lentils for 25 minutes to soften.
- Heat oil in frying pan – add onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrot, cover and cook gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add lentils, tomato puree and parsley. Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and seasoning to taste. Cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Preheat oven to 90 degrees C/Gas Mark 5.
- Assemble the lasagne: pasta + 1/2 of the lentil sauce + 3/8ths of the grated cheese + pasta + the rest of the lentil sauce + 3/8ths of the grated cheese + pasta + the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
- Eat it and say “Mmmm. Thanks, Fat Man. That was scrummy.”
- Give money to charity every time you enjoy it.