Funny ha ha

One of the best things about having a bad memory is humour – you can tell me a joke any number of times because I sure as shit will have forgotten the punchline. Anyway, I was over at Billy’s just now where he’s retelling a joke I allegedly posted a while back. And yes, it’s funny the second time round. But not as funny as the rest of the post. Go read.

Idle thought: you know when women work together in the same environment and their cycles gradually align? Do you think that could be true of blogging? Not cycles precisely but a general fed-upness?

9 Responses to “Funny ha ha”

1. Suzy
    February 15th, 2005 23:27

Totally. Fed up-ness & the girl thing. All at once! Take cover, guys!

2. Mary
    February 16th, 2005 02:50

I wonder if the women are just more sensitive and thus pick up on the whirl of negativity running round the world right now. Do you think maybe?

3. anan
    February 16th, 2005 06:51

i like it when you told it.

Negativity? Just what do you mean by that, Daisy?!? (growling)

Re. cycles… i’ve been in an office where not only our cycles were synchronized, two of the women were quitting the smoking habit.
    Dive! Dive for cover!

4. Huwge
    February 16th, 2005 09:40

I am a bit dense these days – belated happy b’day!

5. Alison
    February 16th, 2005 10:56

Hmmm. When I was a student I lived in a hosue with 5 other women. We were synchronized!

Never thought about the blogging bit. Maybe you’ve got something there…

6. Anji
    February 16th, 2005 13:57

People do seem to be fed up at the moment.

I remember you telling that joke!

7. adhoc
    February 16th, 2005 14:23

Well synchronicity isn’t one of my areas of expertise. Maybe it’s a gender thing. But have you noticed the congregation of bloggers with birthdays this week? Wonder if it’s something to do with Aquarians loving to talk but not getting out enough? And have a slightly belated Happy Birthday.

8. felicity
    February 16th, 2005 14:45

i shared a house with 5 other females once – what a nightmare, although you were never short of a tampon!!!
    fed-up-ness, i aplogise if my previous gloominess has contaminated blog land.
    birthdays? jan – feb is THE best time for a birthday. us aquarians will one day rule the world (hee hee!)

9. AliThinks
    February 16th, 2005 11:19

Cycles?

Daisy has an interesting thought/theory about women bloggers. It’s official: my kids are driving me crazy again.