Awfuqit

I’ve had forebodings about the Wales v France game today and seeing the shoulders of the French team as they came on the pitch only deepened those fears. Five minutes in and we’re 7 12 down.

And I’ve run out of tea.

Let’s find some distraction – how about Jo? She’ looking for some menu ideas.

Or Andre? 8 cigarette free days and he’s perfecting the art of the hate list.

And lovely Billy has some fantastic news.

25 Responses to “Awfuqit”

1. Em
    February 26th, 2005 16:32

Nice variation on the shirts, though.

February 26th, 2005 17:04

oh duw are you watching the second half?

3. Em
    February 26th, 2005 17:05

That’s a better start to the second half – from 6-15 to 18-15 in 5 minutes …

February 26th, 2005 17:12

am bouncing up and down as we speak. hope kevin morgan is okay though

5. billy
    February 26th, 2005 17:21

…18-15 up as I type, 20 minutes to go :^)…

6. Em
    February 26th, 2005 17:27

21-18, 15 minutes to go …

February 26th, 2005 17:32

could this get any more exciting?!!

8. Em
    February 26th, 2005 17:34

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

(and I really like those shirts)

9. Em
    February 26th, 2005 17:44

That can’t be healthy!

February 26th, 2005 17:46

Best. Game. Ever.

Well done boys.

*does the happy dance*

11. Lynne
    February 26th, 2005 18:09

crappy crap crap… golf on all the flippin sports channels over here.

February 26th, 2005 18:24

Lynne, I think it’s one of those games that will end up on a video collection one of these days!

13. Shelagh
    February 26th, 2005 19:52

What a match!!! I’m on nights and set my alarm to make sure I didn’t miss the start – by half time I was wishing I hadn’t bothered but what a second half!!!! I thought the ‘kin ref would never blow the whistle – France were putting so much pressure on at the end my nerves were in rags :o What a thrilling match and a brilliant result :D Well done lads! Part of me hopes Ireland hammers the English tomorrow but then again that will mean we have to beat them for the championship. It’s always nice to see England get a drubbing though ;)

14. Waterhot
    February 26th, 2005 20:05

Well, I was going to say congratulations on a fabulous match and a thoroughly deserved win and comment on how I found myself actually cheering out loud for the Welsh (sitting in my armchair at home on my own in Switzerland, watching on French TV, listening to their commentators gradually reduced from crowing coqs to croaking frogs)… but since it sounds as though you and your readers are looking forward to the English getting a drubbing tomorrow, I think I’ll keep my congratulations to myself.

15. Em
    February 26th, 2005 20:16

I for one would be perfectly happy if the Ireland v England match ends in a draw, Waterhot.

What’s more, I still think last year’s Wales v Ireland match was more exciting than today’s, even though we lost.

16. Em
    February 26th, 2005 20:21

[I meant 2003’s match, of course, not 2004’s]

Now I’ll leave you all in peace – I seem to have taken over these comments.

17. Shelagh
    February 26th, 2005 20:25

“but since it sounds as though you and your readers are looking forward to the English getting a drubbing tomorrow, I think I’ll keep my congratulations to myself”

I think Daisy has more readers than me and she certainly hasn’t expressed any hopes about the results of tomorrow’s match so your comment is a gross exaggeration. Still, here’s your rattle.

February 26th, 2005 20:29

Thank you for cheering for the Welsh Waterhot, I’d have loved to hear the French commentary too.

Could I gently point out that “you and your readers” (on this post at least) was just Shelagh taking a pop at the English team – I can’t speak for Shelagh but knowing her blog and that she is a lovely person, I’d bet money that it was mostly tongue in cheek and said to wind up the English readers as we’ve done occasionally in the past. As for me, I’ll cheer England on if they’re not playing Wales. But then I live in England with a half English/half Welsh rugby fanatic son of a semi professional rugby player so much as I joke about it, I do want England to do well. Just so long as it’s not at the expense of the suddenly, miraculously revived Welsh team ;-0))

February 26th, 2005 20:34

Oh dear, our comments crossed (no connection for bloody hours). Guys, it’s only a game. Did I say that out loud? To quote the t-shirt I’m wearing:

It’s not a matter of life and death.
    It’s more important than that.
    It’s RUGBY!

20. Shelagh
    February 27th, 2005 07:27

“it’s only a game”

Isn’t that what Max Boyce’s mate said at Orly airport? ;)

21. waterhot
    February 27th, 2005 19:23

Sorry for the cack-handed comment last night – it was supposed to have a humorous sheen to it (say how great the Welsh were, then say I won’t – if you see what I mean).

Anyway, may I attempt to put it right by saying that following today’s game I shall be wholeheartedly shouting for the Welsh all the way to the end of what I hope will be a much-deserved (though utterly unpredictably astonishing) Grand Slam.

And I NEVER thought I would hear myself those words, believe me…

22. briggy
    February 27th, 2005 19:52

hmmmmm.

the shoulders eh?

remind me not to stake my life savings on one of ur hunches ;-)

23. Em
    February 27th, 2005 20:52

Strangely enough, waterhot, I’ll be cheering Les Français on in a fortnight’s time.

February 27th, 2005 21:58

Briggy, never have I been so pleased to be so wronng :-)

Waterhot, thank you and welcome back.

Em, apart from being impressed at your judicious use of the cedilla, thank you for reminding me that there are more games ahead. I’m so exhausted from all the cheering (and shouting at the ref to end the Wales/France game before France scored another try) that I’d kind of forgotten that there’s more excitement to come ;-)

Both teams played well today (England/Ireland), shame the referee seemed to be on another planet.

25. Karan
    March 1st, 2005 01:20

I love how language evolves/disolves/spreads like a virus!