Geek post

This is such a good idea – transparent screens [via Adrian]

How to avoid broken images if Gravar is down

A look at how the Neuland and Lithos fonts came to signify Africans and African-Americans [via Social Design Notes – many more interesting links in the typography section, such as Peter Hall’s The Typography of News]

Early next year Microsoft will be releasing six new fonts “created especially for extended on-screen reading”

Still on fonts, have a look at Good Fonts – essential fonts for designers. With 300 to choose from, your only dilemna will be which to choose. Now what can I use vinegar for?

Yahoo! has a separate search engine for content licensed under the Creative Commons license [via Neil]

I haven’t had a chance to have a proper look at Russell Brown’s photoshop tutorials but they look good

And I’ll sneak in a non tech gem: a shaggy dog tale from Billy.

6 Responses to “Geek post”

1. Kimberly
    March 25th, 2005 06:14

Those font links are awesome! Thank you!

2. Anji
    March 25th, 2005 07:46

I love the names of the fonts, who thinks them up?

3. Fi
    March 25th, 2005 11:59

Ooooh, lovely new fonts. Just in time for my new stylesheet!

4. Vickie
    March 25th, 2005 14:20

New fonts…yummmm. And those transparent screens are awesome!

5. Croila
    March 25th, 2005 22:05

Oh Daisy, thanks a million for giving us the link to the “300 Essential Fonts for Designers” – excellent! Wish I’d found this one before, but better late than never and I’ll make good use of it. Much ta!

6. Lynne ydw i
    March 25th, 2005 12:24

Photoshop tutuorials

These photoshop tutorials by Russel Brown are awesome. Sit back watch and listen to the quicktime tutorials and see the graphic change with each click of the mouse. It’s said a picture is worth a thousand words, but these tutorials are like having you…