Finally on the mend

I can’t believe how long this damn back has taken to fix but at last I was able to get out of bed without crawling to a hot bath this morning. Fingers crossed I’ll be able to join in with the dog walk today too.

While I remember

Last Saturday we got the granddaughters to bed, made supper, tidied up then collapsed in a heap on the sofa. I checked the Radio Times (listing magazine) and spotted Kill Bill about to start in 10 minutes.

21:50
Me: Ooh, Kill Bill starts at 10 o’clock, I’ve been wanting to see this since it was released.
Him: Right, I’ll make a pot of tea then.

22:40
[Awakening from a deep, deep sleep, trying to make sense of what was happening on screen, wondering what the tea would taste like reheated in the microwave]
Me: Why is Uma Thurman [mumble]?
Him: She’s been in a coma.
Me: Where’s Akoma?
Him: Idaho isn’t it?

Well it made me laugh.

p.s. Thank you for your lovely emails, am replying to everyone as the day goes along.

p.p.s. Spotted this link from Pam, Bob From Accounting’s amended children’s book covers. My favourite? Number 6.

p.p.p.s. Just in from non blogging Jane, a picture entitled “You are so on my side of the bed”.

10 Responses to “Finally on the mend”

1. stroppycow
    May 16th, 2005 19:25

Love the pic, my dad’s dog used to do that, imagine a great big yellow labrador in a cat basket looking at you with big brown sad dog eyes. Reminded me to call him, ta.

Any idea what can be done to sort your back out once and for all? Or is it one of those things you’ll just have to put up with once in a while?

2. Amber
    May 16th, 2005 21:03

Don’t you mean Oklahoma? And no, it’s its own state altogher ;)

3. Andrea
    May 16th, 2005 21:21

*crosses fingers, re: back*

Glad to see you back, Daisy!

4. Karan
    May 16th, 2005 21:55

I’m sorry you’ve been wonk for so long! I’ve been away and it’s like we were gone together. Next time, let’s vacation together to some place more fun!

5. Joan
    May 16th, 2005 23:42

Precious things those backs – ain’t nothin’ right if your back hurts. Hope it is on the mend.

May 17th, 2005 00:17

strops, I really should go see a chiropracter/osteopath, it’s just summoning up the courage. But I will.

Amber, I’ve heard that Akoma is as American as, well, apple pie ;-)

Andrea, Karan and Joan, thank you!

7. mary
    May 17th, 2005 01:01

Let me chime in – thank heavens Daisy is back and not on her back. You gave me some terrific chuckles today – Re the books, I liked No. 13 and the dogs in the baskets gave me a howling laugh. Thanks. Take care.

8. Nancy
    May 18th, 2005 18:24

I just reread this and remembered what I was going to comment. Every time I ask Mark to watch a movie with me, I have to spend at least ten minutes promising I won’t go to sleep, and then I always go to sleep. I haven’t seen Kill Bill, but I bet Akoma isn’t in Idaho, which would make that a pretty funny quip.

9. Vickie
    May 18th, 2005 21:08

I’m glad to see you up and about, dear Daisy.

Those book covers are hilarious – and that poor doggy. He looks….so…uncomfortable. Kind of like those seats on airplanes. You know, The Sardine Section of the plane?

**hugss**

10. e
    May 20th, 2005 02:49

That dog is so long-suffering! You can just see his eyes beseeching somebody, anybody, to help him out. Mean cat.