3 becomes 2 – Validation party

If you scroll down to the bottom of the sidebar column you’ll see that 3 lines have now become 2:

Aiming for:
Valid xhtml 1.1
Valid css

is now:

Valid xhtml
Valid css

A big thank you to himself* for assistance above and beyond the call of duty via msn last night as I stared bemused at the screen, unable to fix the last few errors (pesky statcounter javascript closing tags) without smashing or kicking something.

I’m still debating which doctype to use and will be reading up on the subject this weekend, including Autistic Cuckoo: Doctype Declarations and Content-Type Headers and HTML and XHTML Frequently Answered Questions. If anyone knows of a good (recent) summary of the merits of each doctype, could you let me know? Ta.

What else… oh I made a 404 page a while back, forgot about it and then rediscovered it when, well, I clicked on a bad link. I’ll credit the (stock xchng) photo when I find the photographer’s name. It’s here somewhere dammit. I just checked to see if it validated but (duh), the validator gets a 404 message

* Who by the way has updated the Tippler competition for us google afish, afich, aficionados.

9 Responses to “3 becomes 2 – Validation party”

1. Karan
    December 1st, 2005 22:03

You are so dedicated. I’m on my emotional way out as a web designer…the only standards I like to pay attention to are those golden oldies on the radio.

December 1st, 2005 22:27

What a shame Karan. Where will you be using up your creative juices? Painting? Oh hang on, I see it now, photojournalism – specialising in snow!

I don’t know about dedicated. Fascinated, yes, but I find it hard to make time to do what I need to do.

3. Karan
    December 2nd, 2005 06:33

yeah…those pictures are worth a thousand somethings aren’t they :) I’ll find another creative outlet….I’ve got drawers filled with paint and empty canvases calling to me. Maybe I’ll do that sell a painting a day thing like Julian (Shifting Light) but you can have the first one for free!

December 2nd, 2005 09:42

A thousand somethings? Heh heh heh.

Can’t wait to receive my first painting. Can I suggest a subject matter? You know what I’m going to say don’t you…? My lovely Riso!

Thank you for the link to Shifting Light – I’ve taken the liberty of editing the text to a hyperlink so that other folks can see it. Lovely site, thank you.

In other matters, this damn font is TINY – need to go tinker with the stylesheet after last night’s accessifying sesssion…

December 2nd, 2005 10:45

testing, testing

December 2nd, 2005 11:01

Wheeee! Live comment preview plugin works. Let’s see what happens when I create a link here:
    Radio 4

7. Karan
    December 2nd, 2005 19:37

Easy peasy lemon squeezy

8. Mary
    December 3rd, 2005 19:15

Hey, I want a painting, too! For Pete’s sake, have mercy on an old lady who luuuuuves the big type. Firefox has this thing, either in View or Ctrl + or – enlarges or shrinks. Saves my eyeballs, I tell ya.

9. David
    December 3rd, 2005 19:59

Assuming your 404 page actually lives somewhere on your server [i.e. there is a document called 404.html or similar], you could validate it by pointing the validator to http://chasingdaisy.com/404.html [whatever the correct path is] instead of just providing it with an invalid URL.