Blogpimping #10

I don’t know how I came across this definition of blogpimping but I’ve added a second, *cough* correct definition which is currently in the approval queue.

A day or so later I noticed that Blue Witch had edited the Wikipedia Internet Slang entry for FOTCR: Feast Of The Cash Register and was inspired to add both independently reached versions of the term blogpimping.

I’ve done a little research and I think the first mention of the word (with an alternative definition) was in the coffee achiever’s definitive blogsaurus:

Blogpimping (-v.) To utilize popular keywords or news stories in order to artificially elevate incoming traffic to your site.

Nope, sorry, that’s not what I mean by blogpimping. Here’s the entry I’ve created for blogpiming on the Wikipedia page:

blogpimping The act of introducing one blogger to another via hyperlinks or to introduce a new blog to a wider audience. First known usage: chasing daisy, January 2004.

blogpimping (2) “To utilize popular keywords or news stories in order to artificially elevate incoming traffic to your site.” This alternative definition was first mentioned in the coffee achiever’s definitive blogsaurus, June 2003.

Point n click guru Graeme over at lazylaces is holding a logo competition. If I had design/photoshop skills I’d be in there like a shot. But I shall miss those old boots.

Fi has posted on the new photo meme. Everything is so clean and tidy! No way am I putting pictures of this hovel up on the internets. Next!

21 Responses to “Blogpimping #10”

1. Mary
    December 14th, 2005 19:43

I hope Wiki accepts your entry. It makes a lot more sense and you are the Queen of the Blogpimp.

December 14th, 2005 20:50

Heh, thank you Mary.

3. Fi
    December 14th, 2005 23:13

I photoshopped the mess out. Can’t you tell? ;)

4. Uptown Girl
    December 15th, 2005 03:29

very well done! :)

5. briggy
    December 15th, 2005 11:39

i think you are probably a good example of the former definition daisy!

6. Blue Witch
    December 15th, 2005 13:34

Oh that’s weird… approval queue?

When I edited, it just appeared instantly. Yours is there now though, so it must have met with their approval.

December 16th, 2005 11:16

Blue Witch, the approval queue is at Urban Dictionary, not Wikipedia. I must say, I expected to have to enter an email address for Wikipedia after the recent John Seigenthaler kerfuffle. I love the penultimate paragraph of that article:

“When I was a child, my mother lectured me on the evils of “gossip.” She held a feather pillow and said, “If I tear this open, the feathers will fly to the four winds, and I could never get them back in the pillow. That’s how it is when you spread mean things about people.”

8. no milk
    December 16th, 2005 22:04

blogpimping seems to be getting more prevalent, but i am holding on to my principles. i am going to promote my blog the hard way: by paying people to come and read it…

9. Donna
    December 22nd, 2005 16:25

Man.. I thought I made it up.
    Happy Holidays All.

10. Kirsi
    December 25th, 2005 10:32

You’ve been quiet lately – I hope everything is okay. Happy holidays! *HUGS*

11. e
    December 25th, 2005 19:41

Happy Christmas in to all in Daisyworld.

12. Joan
    December 25th, 2005 20:27

Merry Christmas!

13. Mary
    December 28th, 2005 04:36

Just dropping by. Wish we could have a cuppa and sit down together for a chat. Take good care of yourself.

14. graeme
    December 28th, 2005 18:35

Come back D where ever you may be!!!

15. e
    January 7th, 2006 14:05

Hope the year is starting well.

16. Graeme
    January 7th, 2006 23:15

I was getting a little worried about your continued silence but I’ve just noticed some site tweaks that mean that you must be lurking somewhere behind your PC. Love the new wintery page header, but what I really love are those numbers hidden subtly on the comment backgrounds. I’m off to work out how to do that straight away, the folks at LL are going to flip when they see that.

Cheers and happy new year m’dear!

G

17. Fi
    January 16th, 2006 21:10

Happy New Year, Daisy. Hope all is well. Looking forward to a new post!

18. celia
    January 17th, 2006 19:41

so, what’ya doing? think you’ll be blogging again?

miss ‘ya. no one chases daisies quite the way you do.

19. EmĀ³
    January 21st, 2006 23:11

*cough

20. Southern Bird
    February 3rd, 2006 18:17

What the!!!!
    You are here?
    I’ve had your old blog on my blogroll and been faithfully popping back and forth to see whether you’d really given up the blogging ghost all this time.
    And because it was always such a good referrence blog i thought i’d keep it on continuously even though it seemed like you’d never come back.
    And everyone knew you’d moved but me?
    I feel so jaded.
    It’s the second weird ‘out of the blogworld loop’ thing that’s happened today.

*sigh*

21. the-way-to-the-centre » pimps and whores
    February 15th, 2006 14:35

[…] Blogpimping – good, blogwhoring – bad, pretty much saying ‘tell me how good I am and no, I am not going to tell you how I did it’. Meh.   Blogging, Asides | Tags: blogpimping, blogwhoring | function openSpellChecker() { // get the textarea we’re going to check var txt = document.getElementById(‘comment’); // give the spellChecker object a reference to our textarea // pass any number of text objects as arguments to the constructor: var speller = new spellChecker( txt,”http://the-way-to-the-centre.org.uk/blog” ); // kick it off speller.openChecker(); } […]