Flickr virgin

Flickr

Despite having signed up with Flickr in ye olde dayes, I’ve not really used it much (the result of a crap camera and always having hosting space elsewhere) but I’m finally “getting” the community aspect of it all – bear with me while I find you all and add you as contacts and gasp in admiration at the wonderful pictures you’ve been taking.

Birthdays and Anniversaries

I’ve missed at least two birthdays recently (Pam and Graeme) but in a recent conversation with Andrew I rashly promised to look at something that would make it easy for our little corner of the world (virtually speaking) to make it easy to find a fellow blogger’s birthday.

I’ve had a look at Google Calendar, Kiko and 30 Boxes calendars but don’t you think it would be nice to have the option to list birthdays along with a url and a picture (avatar, gravatar, etc.)? So I’ve set up a Frappr map here at Blogaday:

World map showing location pin for Daisy

Your pins are welcomed. But is there a more suitable tool out there? One that makes it easy to view birthdays in a particular month? Oh and how about an rss feed that will display a list of that week’s birthdays/anniversaries? Ideas, people!

Stating the obvious

Catching sight of a pretty woman really is enough to throw a man’s decision-making skills into disarray, a study suggests.

File under “Why on earth did you spend money confirming that?”, researchers at the University of Leuven* now say that sex cues ruin men’s decisiveness.

* Disclaimer: Many moons ago I dated a medical student and the halls of residence at Leuven will always bring a twinkle to these old eyes.

7 Responses to “Flickr virgin”

1. Lisset
    April 22nd, 2006 12:29

Can you update your location if you move?

2. Alison
    April 22nd, 2006 14:38

Okay, I played! Neat idea!

3. pam
    April 22nd, 2006 17:38

I like those flag maps. And can I please have your Flickr address so I can add you to my People list? Here’s me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/beancounter/

4. Katherine
    April 23rd, 2006 11:39

Done!

5. Knock Knock Mary
    April 23rd, 2006 17:40

Yes, I always think it’s a good idea to flash a breast when I want a guy to change his mind and agree with me.

6. wonderful electric
    April 24th, 2006 11:34

For the time being, I use Yahoo to remind me of birthdays. Not particularly glam or hip, but it does the job of reminding me.

We really needs to find some elite web programming dudes though!

PS: breasts. *drool*

April 24th, 2006 12:38

Thank you all. It’s odd, I’m sure I added lots of you as contacts last week but when I log in now I need to re-add you all.

Lisset, you can indeed change your location on Frappr, you just need to log in and update your “basic profile”.

Pam, I’d have assumed my Flickr page would be http://www.flickr.com/photos/chasingdaisy/ but that doesn’t work. Bah. How about this one? So why has everyone else got an identifiable url? Maybe because you’re Pro users? Or should I be having a strop and a sulk right about now? ;-)