A poem

I lay upon a grassy bank
my hands were all a quiver
I slowly removed her suspender belt
and her leg fell in the river

A poem by Sir Paul McCartney

6 Responses to “A poem”

1. susan
    May 19th, 2006 19:35

Oh thank you for posting this today at just this moment. It brought me out of the saggy-diaper blue mood immediately!

May 19th, 2006 20:11

Susan, saggy-diaper blue mood? Brilliant!

3. jan
    May 20th, 2006 02:33

Hilarious–in a deliciously demented sort of way. I’ve gotten a lot of hits from your site via Beancounter (my daughter) on Martha Stewart stalking dogs. I enjoy your site and decided to stop lurking about and to drop in and say hi. I’ll definitely be back.

4. Knock Knock Mary
    May 20th, 2006 12:48

Appropriate poem for the dissolution of his marriage. The poem’s funny, but the end of his marriage is sad. Too bad.

May 20th, 2006 12:54

Thank you Jan – I didn’t know you were Beancounter’s daughter! But it explains a lot… ;-0))

Mary, I hesitated to post that but my dislike of Heather Mills is nothing to do with her leg or her marriage but all to do with having seen her interviewed at length on two occasions and (for me a very rare occurrence) almost hating her. She came across as a rather mean, self-centred person. I’m also a little tired of the old “the press ruined our marriage” line. The British press are for the most part the scum of the earth but they both court publicity at every opportunity, not just for the landmine campaign but for personal money making projects But I’ll stop there and think good thoughts. And I agree, the end of any marriage is a very sad thing.

6. AscenderRisesAbove
    May 21st, 2006 17:23

too funny!! thanks for the laugh — and all the html advice in the past!