Couldn’t decide

…which summer song to post so I’ve put both up. Right click and save to your hard disk if you’d prefer.

Louis Amrmstrong and Doris Day / Summertime [MP3, 4.5 mb].

Papa Wemba / Awa Y’ Okeyi (If You Go Away) [MP3, 1.7 mb].

Meanwhile, Troubled Diva has a brilliant collection of music videos from YouTube, everything from The Osmonds to The Sweet through to Leonard Cohen. Oh and this track from Claude François, Petite m├Ęche de cheveux. I sent it to my 12 year old niece via msn last night and got lots of appreciative LOLs and ROFLs in return. Enjoy.

[Afterthought: She wouldn’t believe my version of how he died until she read it on Wikipedia. I think I might have told one tall tale too many to that child.]

9 Responses to “Couldn’t decide”

1. Jann
    July 25th, 2006 12:19

Loving the Papa Wemba track – not heard that one before but I’ve been a fan for many years.

As far as Summertime goes, there’s only one version for me – Janis Joplin’s. Sublime.

2. Nancy
    July 25th, 2006 13:09

Loved. That. Video!

July 26th, 2006 00:20

A fellow Papa Wemba fan? Hooray! I’ve not heard the Janis Joplin version but will look out for it.

Nancy, I just knew you would :-)

4. Cole Henley
    July 26th, 2006 17:01

all time summer track? cigarettes and coffee by otis.

July 26th, 2006 17:47

Ah Cole, yes indeed. I’m off to listen to some Otis right now.

6. stroppycow
    July 26th, 2006 20:56

Doris Day?

July 26th, 2006 22:25

Yep!

8. mike
    July 27th, 2006 00:07

Ooh, I’m glad that someone else enjoyed Claude “Clo-clo” Francois. Did you follow the link to the performance where he and the Supremes collectively murder Reach Out I’ll Be There? Gob-smacking, that is…

9. Marion
    August 20th, 2008 09:08

Hi,
    I just came across you site and unfortunately have to correct you:
    It is not Doris Day singing with Louis Armstrong but Ella Fitzgerald.

See:

;-)

Nevertheless a beautiful song!
    Marion