Keep Wales Tidy

When the Keep Wales Tidy campaign first started it wasn’t long before the jokes and the t-shirts bearing the slogan plus appendage appeared.

Figure throwing item into waste bin, caption reads Keep Wales Tidy, throw your litter in England.

Where was I? Oh yes, keeping things tidy. Don’t you think that anti-litter campaigns would be more successful if they used these five French students and their video?

While looking for that picture I came across a lovely picture from Wales of Bragdy Gwynant Brewery, “The World’s Smallest Commerical Brewery”, near Capel Bangor, Ceredigion. But it’s the two comment exchange below that tickled me. Oh and Andrew will enjoy this signpost to the Dalek Musem when he comes back to blogging.

Next up is the most unusual search engine referral this week: What would you put on your bread if you lived in Glasgow? Not just an odd question but Blue Witch is right there on the same page. Small world, eh? But to answer the question, I think it would have to be Welsh butter, fresh roast chicken, lettuce, tomato and mayo. Mmm, yes. It’s what bread was invented for.

Just quickly before I get me to my bed

Oh dear, all this talk of sarnies and snickerdoodles has my belly rumbling. I’m off for a bowl of cornflakes…

6 Responses to “Keep Wales Tidy”

1. Karan
    July 30th, 2006 01:54

I love me some snickerdoodles!

2. Knock Knock Mary
    July 30th, 2006 11:55

A trip to Wales just for the sandwich sounds good right now. I sent the PVC thing to the 3 guys in my family who make things that do things. Thanks.

3. Nancy
    July 31st, 2006 17:21

Wonderful links! Snickerdoodles are best when chewy, not overly crisp.

4. Katherine
    July 31st, 2006 18:43

I got a search for ‘what would you put on tour [sic] bread if you lived in Glasgow’?

Same kind of thing you’d put on it elsewhere?

5. ally bean
    July 31st, 2006 21:28

never had a snickerdoodle?!! *gasp*

the mouse pattern is so cute that it almost makes me want to sew one.

and love the letterman clip. :-)

6. Gert
    August 7th, 2006 16:50

When I was about five we went for a day trip to Wales and we stopped somewhere in Shropshire. I unwrapped a sweet and the paper said “Keep your country tidy” and had a picture of a bin. I thought about it and declared “When I get to Wales I’ll drop it on the ground there”