Fill in the blanks

Inspired by a post from Sadish:

Part 1
Now that you are a grown-up you are allowed to have __________ and _________

Part 2
Now that you are a grown-up you are not allowed to have __________ and _________

11 Responses to “Fill in the blanks”

1. ally bean
    August 26th, 2006 12:44

Part 1: mortgage payments and alcoholic beverages.

Part 2: Milk Duds [very sticky candy that sticks to dental work] and days without hair styling [it was easier to have naturally curly hair when no one expected it to be combed and balanced into something each day]

2. Knock Knock Mary
    August 26th, 2006 13:48

I am sitting here stunned, having to think if I am grown up yet. I don’t feel grown up, but people keep assuming I am by the looks of me, so I guess I get to have something. Cigarettes and coffee?
    What can I not have? Really there isn’t anything, except for the way I used to be able to fling myself about the world and now that makes me want a nap, just thinking about it.

3. Katherine
    August 26th, 2006 21:01

Part one: Chewing gum and fizzy drinks on days other than special occasions.

Part two: Going bra-less and banana-flavoured medicine (not that I’ve tried asking…)

4. Lionel
    August 26th, 2006 22:22

Now that you are a grown-up you are allowed to have stabilisers for your mood swings and a car with three pedals.

Now that you are a grown-up you are not allowed to have stabilisers on your bike or a car that you pedal.

5. Richard
    August 27th, 2006 15:03

Now that you are a grown-up you are allowed to have a modicum of control over those that control you and a big stack of bills that no-one else will pay for you.

Now that you are a grown-up you are not allowed to have a story read to you at bedtime and spend many long weeks of summer playing about by the river.

6. Croila
    August 27th, 2006 21:50

Part one: a faceful of makeup (only now I realise it looks cheap), and killer heels (only now I realise where the “killer” comes in – the pain of blisters!!)

Part two: days-of-the-week knickers, and races down the High Street at 5.00 am on roller skates. The police only gave me a verbal row for doing that when I was a child. Now they’d lock me up.

7. pam
    August 28th, 2006 14:44

1. Corn flakes for dinner, and the means to say ‘who cares’ and mean it when people judge you.

2. A first time fishing by the river, and a sleepover for your birthday.

8. Nancy
    August 29th, 2006 02:31

Hey, wait. Didn’t I already leave my silly answer here?

9. Murphy
    August 29th, 2006 13:53

1. Legover & Bare Toys
    2. Lego & Toy Bears

10. Suzy
    September 2nd, 2006 21:00

Sex & champagne

An unworried mind & unwrinkled skin

11. jan
    September 4th, 2006 22:03

I’ve read all those answers and I’m too depressed by having lived the ensuing years to remember what my answer was. Can I go back to childhood? Just for a while?