Quote of the day, #40

…except that I can’t remember the exact quote and google’s no help. It’s something along the lines of “You can choose your friends but you’re stuck with family”. Anyone know it?

Anyway, If I had to choose family I’d pick exactly the one I have. It’s my youngest brother’s birthday today so here’s a little something from the excellent picture generator, Letter James:

Cinema boarding reads Happy Birthday to the best brother in the world

8 Responses to “Quote of the day, #40”

1. Peacechick Mary
    September 26th, 2006 11:09

A big grinning Happy Birthday to young brother! If he’s anything at all like his sister, he’s a grand guy.

September 26th, 2006 11:40

Aaw shucks Mary :-)

3. Allan
    September 26th, 2006 13:42

My favorite version of that quote is, “You can choose your friends, but you can’t choose your family. But you can choose the insane asylum where you have them all put away”.

I searched and searched, but couldn’t find an attribution.

4. steph
    September 26th, 2006 19:52

i enjoy, “God gave us our family. Thank God we can choose our friends.”

5. Lyle
    September 27th, 2006 13:37

Yeah, it’s “You can choose your friends, but you can’t choose your family.”

Or alternatively “Blood is thicker than water. Relatives are thicker than everything”

6. doobyus
    September 27th, 2006 13:46

“You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose… but you can’t pick your friend’s nose.”

Gawd bless ya luv!

September 27th, 2006 23:51

Thank you all for the quotations – yes, even you doobyus :-) and a big hello to Steph (who you should all go read!)

8. Bex
    October 8th, 2006 20:06

This is fun, Maybe i’ll start one? But my life is boring! Unless you want to know what i got up to last friday night ? ;) Hehe..