The one with the updates #304

Remember the excitement of having a film crew on our doorstep? Well a kind commenter let me know that the comedy series (Dogtown) is now being broadcast both on BBC3 and on the interweb (alas, only to UK residents unless you know of a good *ahem* proxy service…) What’s it like? Well I’ve watched the first two episodes. I really want to like it. Most of the cast take on more than one role (both male and female), it’s cleverly done. But just too depressing for me. I think it’ll appeal to those who enjoyed Little Britain and League of Gentlemen. Mind you, I’ve never actually seen either show so it’s best if you make your own minds up.

Filed under things I keep going back to enjoy – a wee while back Ellie double dared her son Jacob to audition for American Idol. It’s so good I’m even prepared to open Internet Explorer (it won’t work in Firefox or Opera). If these two performances don’t make you smile broadly and want to adopt/date/manage/offer a starring role to (delete as appropriate), then you’re either dead or a republican.

Other bright and shiny things

A quick game of Hangman from Steven DeGraeve whose Color Palette Generator is one of the most useful design tools I’ve come across. You type in the url of an image to get a color palette that matches the image. For example, if you enter the header image from the next link you get a lovely rich palette of colours to kick off your design.

Talking of spicy, Quick Indian Cooking does what it says on the tin in providing quick, easy recipes for Indian food. Definitely one to keep an eye on. I suspect that Saturday’s menu chez Daisy will include traditional Bengali fish cakes, Macher Chop.

While we’re still in the kitchen, here’s a sweet photograph of saucepans. Yes, saucepans.

That’s it for now. Himself has a really bad dose of flu and ever the generous soul has shared it with yours truly so I’m off to make another pot of hot tea before collapsing back into a heap on the sofa. Bonne nuit.

7 Responses to “The one with the updates #304”

1. Peacechick Mary
    October 25th, 2006 02:01

My saucepans say, “Back at ya.” Hope you feel better very soon.

2. Murphy
    October 25th, 2006 09:54

I wonder if they were cooking goulashes?

3. brigs
    October 25th, 2006 10:17

flue eh.

well. the ironing offer stands.

:-s

just kidding!!

4. Kirsi
    October 25th, 2006 16:41

I’m definitely going to bookmark the Color Palette Generator link, that might come in handy at some point. :) Feel better soon! *HUGS*

5. Andrea
    October 25th, 2006 21:00

Good to see you back! Hope you and Mr. Daisy will feel better soon. :-)

6. Murphy
    October 26th, 2006 09:48

Thanks for the Steve DeGraeve link Daisy.
    The colour stuff is brilliant for colour blind sufferes like me, but I also found his translation programme for translating any web page into “Yoda” and other languages very funny. Just need one for translation of Norfolk accent into Barking, but they are quite similar to begin with.

7. Nancy
    October 26th, 2006 23:57

Hope you’re feeling better, Daisy. It’s that time of year, for the flu.

Love those saucepans! Ils sont droles.