Erm…

Does having a dose of the lurgy dispense me from the “a post a day, come what may” thang?

I’m starting to feel better now and looking forward to sharing a truckload of shiny new things with you all but I’ve eaten nothing since Tuesday night and am feeling a little wobbly. Plan to go find something bland and vaguely appealing to eat, see if it settles then it’s back to the linkage business toot sweet. Honest guv.

8 Responses to “Erm…”

1. Murphy
    October 27th, 2006 12:18

About the blandest thing I know is the last Dido album but I’m not certain about eating it.

You have been officially sent home with a note. Don’t come back until you are better!

2. ally bean
    October 27th, 2006 12:42

Warm liquids. ‘Nuff said.

3. susan
    October 27th, 2006 12:48

Rest. Eat some soda crackers and chicken soup. Get better, then get back to us.

October 27th, 2006 12:57

Ah Murphy, I’m so untrendy I only vaguely know who Dido is. But I promise not to eat it.

My mother reports that “the note is unintelligible and covered in dog hairs, what on earth is the education system coming to these days?”

Ally, I’ve been drinking copious amounts of tea and water so I’m sorted on the liquid front. Just this damn food problem.

Susan, thank you. We’re both laid up with the same lurginess so a trip to the supermarket is out of the question (it’s quite a drive away) and although I have the ingredients for a chicken soup I’m afraid it’s beyond me at the minute. But I think chicken and rice will feature in a meal once we get our appetites back :-)

5. Peacechick Mary
    October 27th, 2006 13:18

Oh, you poor thing! One thing that pulls me out of these flu symptoms is to get a bottle of electrolytes used for babies with tummy troubles. A little with each drink, soon brings me up to feeling good. Rest, our sweet Daisy.

6. jan
    October 28th, 2006 05:37

Rest, rest, rest. Use it as an excuse to just veg out for awhile.

7. Joan
    October 29th, 2006 00:29

Uugh. Hope you feel better soon.

November 2nd, 2006 00:41

Thank you all. I’m definitely on the mend now, starting to catch up on everyone’s news and emails :-)