Highland Hip

Here’s one for Croila:

Forget the skirl of the pipes and the screech of the fiddle, Scottish music just got funky. Sally Magnusson travels throughout the Highlands, meeting young musicians who are giving traditional music a contemporary twist.

Harpist Ingrid Henderson is building a state-of-the-art music studio on the shores of Loch Shiel. She’s determined to base her career in the Highlands, the source of a new brand of vibrant music which is popular from Buckingham Palace to Arisaig.

To be aired today at 15:45-16:00 GMT so you’ll have to get your skates on, that’s about 45 minutes from now.

For comedy fans a welcome return to Tina C’s State of the Union Tour. The last series a few years ago was very funny.

Missed them? Both programmes should be availabe for 7 days after broadcast on the Listen Again page.

p.s. Fan-flubbing-tastic!

9 Responses to “Highland Hip”

1. Peacechick Mary
    November 8th, 2006 18:58

We had a local band that played a type of rock music with pipes and a fiddle. It was wild and weird. I don’t know where they went, tho. Maybe they’re over there with you folks.

2. Katherine
    November 8th, 2006 19:27

Now that’s my kind of music too, think I saw the programme highlighted somewhere, must ‘listen again’.

3. felicity
    November 9th, 2006 20:05

agreed with your PS there – and even better now that the senate has turned…. wonder how it feels to be bush right now!

4. Croila
    November 12th, 2006 11:32

Oooh, thanks for the link! Will have a wee listen today :-)

Good for Ingrid Henderson in building her studio here. She’s a fantastically talented musician – there’s a good wee interview with her here that’s worth a read.

5. Anji
    November 16th, 2006 16:49

I missed it all. I could spend all day attatched to Radio 4.

6. Peacechick Mary
    November 29th, 2006 03:13

I know you’re not here, but I am, so I have to say – Helooooo! I see you have had quite a bit of rain. I do check in on your weather site frequently and it’s about the same as my eldest’s sons area in Illinois. Peace, lovely lady.

7. Kirsi
    December 2nd, 2006 09:32

I miss you! Hopefully everything is okay. *HUGS*

8. Nancy
    December 3rd, 2006 00:16

I’m longing for updates, Daisy.

9. Murphy
    December 8th, 2006 14:26

Haven’t seen you for Days, Dais!