Kindred spirits

Nancy and I have huge amounts in common but I didn’t realise quite how much until tonight.

Not only did I burn my finger while taking the fish out of the oven (there’s a large hole in the oven glove and yes, I managed to find it) but after running the finger under the cold water tap I turned to chop the salad tomatoes and… sliced through the blister.

Ouch doesn’t begin to describe it.

11 Responses to “Kindred spirits”

1. Nancy
    January 12th, 2007 03:36

ohhhh, I’m so sorry!

January 12th, 2007 09:37

Hehe, I’m alright. Just not safe around knives, that’s all :-)

3. briggy
    January 12th, 2007 13:05

‘test’

4. briggy
    January 12th, 2007 13:06

oo… it works!

you are a bit acceident prone just now aren’t ya? bet those were your bruised knees after all!

still. one more minor domestic accident and at leat you will be disaster-proofed for a bit.

bet that thought cheers you up!

January 12th, 2007 14:15

‘test’ to you too brigs!

I was going to post an update but I’ll hide it in here instead – minutes after writing this I went into the kitchen for a glass of water, knocked the glass across the draining board and smashed it. And yes, I got a shard of glass caught in the nailbed and proceeded to bleed like the proverbial stuck pig.

Am thinking of renaming this blog to Accidents R Us.

6. Peacechick Mary
    January 12th, 2007 15:03

Accident’s R US – haw! As for the rest, Ow oh ow oh ow. And I didn’t read the meme post.

January 12th, 2007 15:06

Mary, I don’t think anyone has read the meme. Or they have and aren’t commenting. There’s a bit of a bombshell in there. It’s like coming out of the closet… :-)

8. briggy
    January 12th, 2007 15:59

i read it…. you don’t like pain!?

:-0

9. sister anan
    January 12th, 2007 17:21

Any more of this, lass, and you’ll be in our Clutz Sister’s Club!

We have 4 members so far, but we never meet in the same place, as bad things might happen…

10. Peacechick Mary
    January 12th, 2007 18:56

Pssst! Do not admit you have read the meme. Daisy has ways of forcing you to do it and I’m here to tell you it isn’t a pretty site. Remember the kitchen incidents? Ah, now you know.

11. stroppycow