Quote of the day, #43

The villas and the chapels where
I learned with little labour
The way to love my fellow-man
And hate my next-door neighbour.

— G.K. Chesterton, online Collected Poems, 1927

8 Responses to “Quote of the day, #43”

1. Murph
    January 16th, 2007 12:02

Very funny Daisy…and true!

January 16th, 2007 12:22

When I first read that quote I assumed that the author was Welsh because of the reference to chapels but G K Chesterton is a Londoner. And a convert to Catholicism. So maybe he wrote this while still a protestant and while holidaying in Wales… what am I on about?!

3. Murph
    January 17th, 2007 14:28

Here’s a topical bit of doggerel (a phrase suggested by Lionel) :

We’re getting slightly out of synch,
    It’s possible there’s mix-up,
    The 17th of January,
    And Daisy’s still got decs up!

January 17th, 2007 15:49

“You cheeky sod!”,
    she said, in jest.
    I’ll have you know,
    I does me best.

The Christmas decs
    Are still up.
    But then again
    I’m all ***k’d up.

Toiling hard
    Nose in book
    To bring you all A brand new look.

January 17th, 2007 15:51

Dammit, WordPress keeps adding a rel=”nofollow” to my links today and deleting the link from the word “book”. Here’s what it should be:

Nose in

Nope, that’s not working either. Will log out and back in again.

No, still not working. Oh dear. Well, the word “book” links to the CSS Mastery site here: http://www.cssmastery.com .

6. jan
    January 18th, 2007 01:25

Reminds me of those who love all mankind, just don’t like people.

7. anan
    January 18th, 2007 14:48

Who IS that darling on your test site?

Do you mind if i borrow her for the next 20 years or so?
    Promise i’ll bring her straight back!

January 18th, 2007 15:43

Jan, I know a few people like that (and must admit, I have my moments too. Seems to happen the most when I accidentally come across anything to do with Fox News…)

Anan, isn’t she gorgeous? That’s Alice and she’s the daughter of Richard. If anyone’s going to adopt her though, you’ll have to fight me for her first :-)