Awfuquit*

Just had a quick go at The Profane Game** but despite trying to remember some of Lyle‘s little gems (and *Karan‘s wonderful term which I use repeatedly and always see written as such in my head).

I scored a miserly 14 which I’m blaming on being British (why is arse not acceptable but ass is?) and not terribly imaginative in the cussing department.

The top score currently 140 – go see if you can beat it ‘cos I sure as shit can’t.

** MetaFilter discussion here.

8 Responses to “Awfuquit*”

1. jan
    January 29th, 2007 18:35

I can’t explain why but I can use “arse” in front of anyone and they smile. “Ass” would get a frown.

2. Nancy
    January 30th, 2007 00:09

Not sure if I’m exactly proud to say I beat you with “36,” but it definitely helped having grown up with this drilled into my memory.

3. Croila
    January 30th, 2007 17:51

I’m not even going to admit what my score was.

But it’s amazing what a couple of years of being in an army pipe band can do for one’s vocabulary.

:-(

4. felicity
    January 30th, 2007 23:15

a very poor 6 – ridiculous!

5. Lyle
    January 31st, 2007 16:12

Amazingly, I scored *really* low – but that’s mainly because most of the words I use are British and/or made up on the spur of the moment.

For example, the twatting thing wouldn’t accept shitstabber, cumsponge, tosser, fuckface, bollockchops, twadge, twunt, arsebrain, fuckbunny, or shitfuck cuntwit

So I gave up.

6. Joan
    February 1st, 2007 00:33

I am a failure – 8.

7. Karan
    February 1st, 2007 04:15

I only managed 16…only 16…me who takes great pride in my filthy mouth. Shameful. Just shameful.

8. e
    February 1st, 2007 11:21

I struggled with this. 8 first try (using words I use), then 16 but that was using the worst swear words I could think of, and ones I never use either. Pathetic.