Zooomr vs Flickr

The two services are so very different, I don’t think it’s a case of “one or the other” but the mandate to switch all us Old Skool vets to the mainstream is irking me terribly. Oh I know, there are far more important things to be fretting about but sometimes the ostrich in the sand position is the only thing that works.

Anyway, I’ve not posted anything to Zooomr for a while and must confess I was thinking about moving them over to Flickr but I’ve just discovered that Zoomr shows referrals for each picture – I now know that this picture is the 4th result at Google for puddle chucker and has been viewed 91 times. Beams with pride.

On the other hand… Zooomr login is via the godawful OpenID thingumyjig which defeats my feeble brain.

Decisions, decisions…

[Later that same day... this post has been edited to change Zoomr to Zooomr (3 'o's rather than 2).]

6 Responses to “Zooomr vs Flickr”

1. Miko
    February 2nd, 2007 03:59

give tabblo a try – you can easily migrate your flickr pictures and it’s free

2. Alison
    February 2nd, 2007 08:21

Yah, the Flickr thing is bugging me, too.

I think I am going to wait until the last possible minute to “merge.”

3. wonderful electric
    February 2nd, 2007 10:24

The annoying thing about the Flickr/Yahoo integration is that pretty much all usernames on Yahoo are gone by now!

What’s this Zoomr thing then? Or Duckr for that matter!

February 2nd, 2007 12:06

Miko, thanks, I’ll have a look at Tabblo.

Alison – me too!

Andrew – I had the chasingdaisy username with Yahoo! many moons ago but the account has long been deleted and I just know that pursuing it with Yahoo!’s “customer care” (*snort*) will be a futile exercise. Apparently you can create a crappy Yahoo email account for merging and then use a different one for notifications. Hmm. Why am I suspicious?

Zooomr is another photo storage/sharing site that sprang up last year. I quite like it, although I stopped using it for a while.

Duckr? Now there’s a stange thing – type duckr.com into your address bar and see what happens.

5. PeacechickMary
    February 2nd, 2007 12:26

With all the shifting and changing of internet sites and services, I have finally come to the conclusion that “just going with the flow” and adapting along the way saves miles of wear and tear. How about puddlechucker as a username? I see it as meaning one just bobs along with the ebb and flow of things.

6. felicity
    February 4th, 2007 23:20

i did the yahoo switch thing – purely out of panic of losing what i have on flickr. i created a yahoo login for another flickr account, linked it to my regular email, then ever since have had a regular 10-20 spam a day, mostly of an unsavoury nature. dunno if the two are connected, but my mail had been running spam free for 2 years!